Common Ink Cap

These mushrooms are edible but should not be eaten with alcohol because the chemical reaction causes bad stomach complaints. It is advisable to avoid alcohol for 24 hours either before or after consumption of the the shrooms – just to be on the safe side. The adverse affects are not deadly but not very nice all the same. I have never eaten these mushrooms because I am a hopeless alcoholic – (not really). They are supposed to have a very pleasant texture and taste though.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons